Tend to Pending Administrative Requests
There are primarily three instances when you will need to
tend to administrative requests. Whether the administrator is notified
immediately for each request or just once per day is dictated by the switch in
Mailman's General Options section.
Use the "Action to take on all these held messages" section if you'd
like to take the same action on all of your pending requests.
1. When a posting is held because it was posted by a
If you are running a list on which only members can post,
items that are being held for review will appear in this section for your
review. As the list administrator you have four actions available on this
- Defer the posting, leaving it for a later time or for
another list administrator to look at.
- Approve the posting and forward it to list
- Reject the posting: the original poster will be sent
notification of the rejection along with the explanation that appears in the
message box on this screen. You may customize the message as you see fit
or leave it empty.
- Discard the message with no notification sent to the
poster. This is particularly useful for spam.
When choosing the action you will have two additional
- Preserve message for site administrator: this will keep a
copy of the message in the admin requests section even if you choose an action
other than defer.
- Additionally forward this message to: allows you to take
action on the note and forward a copy of it to another person.
2. When you operate a moderated list.
You will use
this feature to accept or reject postings following the same guidelines as for
non-members postings above.
3. When you operate a list where subscription requires
User petitions to join will be listed on this
page. You should click accept or deny as appropriate.
Back to the
main Mailing List Support page.